Reporting is a key piece of what GoFormz does. When you and your colleagues fill out forms, you generate a lot of data. This data can be used to analyze various aspects your business — be it productivity, compliance, costs, or anything else. GoFormz reports helps you do exactly that.
In this introductory article, we talk about what a report is, give an overview of some key functionality, and discuss what data you can and cannot report on.
What is a report?
A report in GoFormz consists of data about multiple forms presented in table format. Typically, each column in the report represents a form field, and each row represents a form. (The exception to this is when you report on form fields that are within a table; then you may have multiple rows per form.) The example below shows a simple GoFormz report. Each row in this report corresponds to a form. For each form, the columns show the form Name along with several form fields — Date, Technician, Customer Name, Total Cost, and Total Hours. This report is based on the Sample Work Order template that comes with your GoFormz account.
GoFormz reports are dynamic. As more and more forms are completed, the data from those forms gets folded into the report if it meets the filter criteria you set for the report. For instance, the report above is filtered to show all work orders submitted by technician Brent. So every time Brent completes another form — it will get added to this report, and any summary columns and charts will get recalculated.
So what can you do with a report in GoFormz? Here are some highlights:
- Create reports based on a single form template, or across multiple templates.
- Filter your reports to zero in on just the data you need.
- Export reports in CSV and PDF formats, so you can share your data with others.
- Add charts -- including bar charts, pie charts, and line graphs -- to bring your reports to life.
- Schedule reports to run periodically and send you email notifications.
Any data in your form that can be represented as text (e.g. numbers and dates) can be included in a report. Data that cannot be represented as text (e.g. images and maps) cannot be included in a report. To be more precise:
- You CAN report on these field types: Text Box, Number, Auto Number, Database, Drop Down, Checkbox, Checkbox Group, Date Time, Date, and Time.
- You CANNOT report on these field types: Image, Location, Signature, and Sketch.
In addition to the fields defined in your form templates, GoFormz also collects metadata that is common across multiple templates — things like form name, form completion date, etc. Reports can include this data as well. To learn more, read the Shared Fields documentation.
You can generate a report for a single form template, or across multiple form templates. As a general rule:
- If your report contains only Shared Fields as columns, it will include forms from all your templates.
- If your report contains at least one field that is specific to a particular template, then it will only include forms from that template.