GoFormz Workflow Automation provides a way to transfer a form to another user automatically based on various triggers.
Example Use Case
Some forms have to be processed by several different teams or individuals before they are complete. For instance, for a work order form:
- A dispatcher may start filling out the form by entering the customer’s information and request;
- A field technician may continue by entering the work they performed; and
- A supervisor may finish the process by approving and signing the form.
To set up auto-transfer for a form template, follow the steps below. See here for more on automated workflows in general.
- Navigate to the Templates Tab and click the form template for which you want to set up auto-transfer rules. The Template Editor will launch.
- Click the Manage Events link at the top of the editor to open the Manage Template Events window.
3. Click the Add Trigger button to create a new event, or select an existing event to edit it.
4. In the When this happens section, configure the event trigger by selecting a User and a Trigger. In this example, the event will trigger when any user in the Field Techs group completes a form. See here for more on configuring triggers.
5. Select Transfer from the dropdown under Do the following.
6. In the Transfer to dropdown, select the user or group that should receive the form transfer. In this example, the form is transferred to the Supervisors group for approval. Note that when a completed form is transferred, it becomes a draft form in the new user’s account. See here for more on form statuses.
7. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the Template Events window to complete the transfer automation process.