Most data sources are not static, which means that at some point you will want to change them. For instance, suppose you have a data source containing a list of customer names, addresses, and phone numbers. As you get new customers and lose some old ones, you may want to add or remove some of these customer records. If a customer moves to a different location or changes their phone number, you will want to edit the records. This article goes over how to do all of these things. In particular, we cover:
- how to add records individually and in bulk;
- how to delete records individually and in bulk; and
- how to edit records.
All of these actions can be done in the Data Source Editor. To access this screen:
- Expand the More dropdown in the header, and select Manage Data Sources to open the Data Sources screen.
- Click the name of the data source you want to edit. You will see a list of your data source records, with the first column always designated as “Key”.
Once you are on this screen, you can do the following:
- To add a single record, click the Create Row button at the top. You will see a dialog with a text box for each column in your data source. Enter all the column values, and click Save to create the new row.
- To add multiple records at once, create a new CSV file just as you would when creating a new data source, then click the Import CSV button at the top to load it in. In the Import CSV file dialog, use the Browse Files button to select your CSV file from the file chooser. Then specify whether your file as a header row, and click Import.
- To edit an existing record, click the icon next to that record. You will see a dialog box listing all column values for the selected record in editable text boxes. Edit these values as needed, and click Save.
- To delete a single record, click the icon next to that record, then click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
- To delete multiple records at once, use the checkboxes to the left of the records to select the records you want to delete, then click the Delete Selected button at the top. Click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.