Common data source management tasks include:
- Adding/removing/editing data source records
- Indexing data source columns, which lets you to use them to filter results
- Opening your data source for use with Public Share links
- Renaming a data source
- Deleting a data source
All of these operations are performed from the Data Sources screen. To open it, expand the More dropdown in the header, and select Manage Data Sources.
You will see a list of all available data source and their settings.
- To open a data source for Public Share, click the “No” in the Public column of your data source to toggle it to a “Yes”. This will allow non-GoFormz users with a Public Share link to see database fields when filling out GoFormz forms.
- To rename a data source, click the icon next to the data source, and type in the new name in the dialog box that appears.
- To delete a data source, click the icon next to the data source.
- To delete multiple data sources, check the checkboxes next to the data sources you want to delete and click the Delete Selected button at the top.
- To index a data source column, click on your data source name to open the data source editor page, and click the Set Indexes button at the top of that page. You will see a dialog box listing all your data source column names with checkboxes next to them. Check the boxes next to the columns you want to index. You can index up to 5 columns. See here for more on indexing.