A GoFormz form is like a paper form -- but better. Just like a paper form, it is a document with blank fields that are meant to be filled out. But it has many benefits over a paper form. If you are here reading this documentation, you are likely already sold on these benefits -- instant access, electronic data, convenient storage, reporting capability, streamlined workflow, real-time integrations with other business systems, etc. So instead of going over these benefits, this article will focus on key form properties and functionality.
Here are some key terms and definitions to get you started with GoFormz forms:
- Form fields: GoFormz supports many different field types, including some -- like images -- that would not be possible in paper forms. See here for more on available form fields and how to use them.
- Form templates: A GoFormz template is the master version of your form and can be created from either .jpg or PDF. The template is where you define your form’s fields, layout, default values, etc.
- Forms vs templates: If a Template is the blank master version, then a Form is an individual instance of that template that you actually fill out. Each individual form is based on a template. See here for more on the Forms vs Templates distinction.
- Form status: A GoFormz form can be in Draft or Completed status. Generally speaking, a Draft is a form that may require more information before completing, whereas a Completed form is done and requires no additional changes. GoFormz treats forms differently based on their status. See here for more.
- Required fields: A form may have some fields that are required. You will not be allowed to move the form to Completed status until all required fields are filled out.
So what can you do with a form in GoFormz? Here are some highlights.
- Fill out a form on any device, including tablets, mobile phones, laptops, and desktops
- Transfer a form draft to another user, fostering collaboration by allowing multiple people to work on the same form
- Tag forms to make them easier to find
- Share completed forms with others via PDF download, printing, mobile email, etc.
- Export form data to CSV, and to other systems like ServiceMax and Box
- Report on your form data using the GoFormz report engine
- Share form drafts to non-GoFormz users, letting people outside of your organization fill out portions of a form
- Automate form workflows so that many of the above actions -- form transfer, tagging, sharing the completed form, etc. -- happen automatically