GoFormz Print Configurations give you the ability to streamline how you distribute and save your forms by specifying which pages should be printed for different audiences. For instance, you might have a multi-page form where some pages can be shared with customers, a different set of pages which must be sent to an inspection agency, and the rest are for internal use only. With print configurations, you can set three standard options defining which pages can be shared to each of these groups. Whenever you print the form, save it as a PDF, or configure an email workflow, you will see these standard print configuration options and can select the appropriate one for your audience.
Print configurations are set separately for each template using the Print Config window. To access this window, do the following:
- In the Templates Tab, click your template’s name to open it in the Template Editor.
- In the Template Editor, expand the menu and select Print Configs.
The Print Config window allows you to add, remove, or edit your print configurations:
- To add a new configuration: click the Add button at the top, then edit the new config that appears.
- To edit an existing configuration:
- Click on its Name and enter the desired config name. This is the name by which it will appear throughout the app.
- Click on its Pages column and type in comma-separated page numbers and ranges. For instance "1-3,6,8-10" means pages 1 through 3, page 6, and pages 8 through 10.
- To delete a configuration: Click the configuration that you want to delete, then click the Delete button at the top.
In the example above, we have three configurations for three different audiences:
Customers will get pages 1 through 3, page 6, and pages 8 through 10
Inspectors will get pages 5 and 10
Internal users will get pages 1 through 10
Once you are done setting up your print configurations, click Save Changes at the bottom of the Print Config dialog. Then click Save Changes at the top of the Template Editor. Don’t forget this step -- your print configs will not be saved until you do this!