Tags provide a way to group related forms together, making it easier to organize your forms and find what you are looking for. See here for more about tags, including examples and best practices.
Important Note: This article is about manually adding and removing tags. If you want to set up automatic form tagging, see here to learn more about auto-tagging forms using Workflows.
In this article, we go over how to:
- Create a new tag in your account
- Add tags to a form
- Remove tags from a form
- Manage tags in your account -- including deleting, and renaming tags
In the web interface, all of these operations are done via the Tags Window. The Tags Window can be accessed in two ways:
- In the Forms Tab, select Add Tags from the dropdown next to your form.
- In the Web Form Editor, click the icon from the left sidebar.
The left side of the window contains a list of all tags available in your account, along with a text area for adding new ones. The right side of the window has a list of all tags currently assigned to this form.
- To add a tag to this form, just click the name of the tag on the left side, and you’ll see it added on the right side.
- To create a new tag and add it to this form, type it into the text area and click the Add button. The tag will be added to both sides of the window.
- To remove a tag, just click the icon next to the tag on the right side.
When you are done adding/removing tags, click Done to close the Tags Window.
- To add a tag to this form, tap the Add New text area. You will see a dropdown listing all existing tags in your account. Tap one of these tags to add it.
- To create a new tag and add it to the form, tap the Add New text area, type in your tag, and tap Add.
- To remove a tag from this form, simply tap on that tag.
- To delete a tag, right-click (Windows) or control-click (Mac) on the tag, and select Delete from the popup menu. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes in the dialog box that appears. Note that deleting a tag is different from simply removing it from a form. A deleted tag is completely erased from the account, which means that it is removed from all forms and no longer appears on any tag lists, such as the one in the filter area of the Forms Tab. You may want to delete a tag from your account if you created the tag in error, or if the tag has outlived its usefulness.
- To rename a tag, right-click (Windows) or control-click (Mac) on the tag, and select Rename from the popup menu. The tag will be renamed on all forms to which it is already assigned.
When you are done managing tags, click Done to close the Tags Window.