GoFormz makes it easy to convert your paper forms into electronic forms. In this article, we go over how to create a new template from a paper form. The we will link you to additional articles that go over how to build out your template by adding digital fields and setting their properties.
First, make sure that you have a PDF or JPG version of your form. In many cases, your form will already exist in one of these formats, since they are so widely used — but if it doesn’t, then convert from your existing format to PDF or JPG. There are many free tools available for doing this. Once you have your PDF/JPG ready, do the following:
- Navigate to the Templates Tab.
- Click the Create Template button in the upper right corner to launch the Create Template dialog box.
- Enter the template’s name in the Name field. In the example below, the name is “Field Work Order”.
- Drag your PDF or JPG file into the dialog or click Browse and select your file from the file chooser that pops up.
- Click the Create Template button to upload your file and open your new template in the Template Editor.
Your uploaded paper form serves as the background of your template's Form View. The next step is to overlay digital fields on top of that background, as well as to set up a List View — a different representation of your form that is optimized for smaller screens. See the following articles for more: